MM624 – Estimator
Location – Boroughbridge
Salary – £32000 – £38000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Estimator to join their growing team in Boroughbridge. Our client is a leader in vegetation management, fencing, landscaping and ecology contracting and have been in operation for over 40 years.
- To ensure all bids are priced competitively and in accordance with company overhead and recovery requirements.
- Responsible for supporting Commercial Team in fully preparing priced submissions and supporting in production of forecasts, budget information and handover packs.
- To provide comprehensive quotations and quality bids for the products and services we deliver. Actively chase work tendered and secure work to meet company objectives and budgets.
- Responsible for building relationships with prospective and existing customers to identify and secure further opportunities and representing the business in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing accurate quotations using the current procedures and submit quotations on time, ability to undertake take off from drawings/plans and produce bill of quantities to clients satisfaction.
- Ensure information provided to allow the quote register and tender settlement sheet information to be completed for every tender submitted.
- Chase tenders submitted to determine who was successful and if our price was competitive.
- Managing relationships with customers to build customer relations and post relevant comments onto commercial diaries.
- Ensuring all contract hand over information is completed accurately and passed to the relevant department on time.
- Contribution of management information for review at monthly meetings.
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties as requested by management.
- Post tender negotiation / analysis in preparation for entering new contracts.
- Analysis and pricing of scheme work within existing frameworks.
- Checking of measures against bills, drawings, specifications to ensure adherence and to identify risks and / or opportunities.
- Experience of Estimating in Highways maintenance, Soft Landscaping, Grounds Maintenance / Vegetation Management or Fencing industry is essential.
- As a minimum, this position requires commercial and contract awareness as well as Health and Safety and environmental awareness. JCT, ICE, NEC awareness preferred.
- Full Clean Driving Licence.
- Knowledge and understanding of effective customer care.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, be a team player and have good communication and computer skills particularly Word, Excel.
- Flexibility to work some evenings and occasional weekends.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
In return our client offers
- Salary £32000 – £38000 DOE
- 23 days holidays increasing annually up to 25 days plus bank holidays
- Company car (NON TAXABLE) for business use only
- Stability and long term security