JA725 – Estimator – Fire & Security Industry
Location – Newcastle
Salary – £Competitive + Car/allowance
We are currently recruiting for an Estimator to join our client’s Fire & Security Business in the Newcastle area. The successful candidate must have experience of estimating in the Fire & Security Industry. The role will encompass managing and delivering tender and estimating opportunities within the Fire & Security department in a consistent manner throughout the business. All pricings to be submitted on time and with due care to ensure commercial certainty of the bid in line with divisional goals and expectations.
Aims and Objectives
- To consistently deliver a pricing structure and contracting standard compliance across all key areas exceeding business performance targets.
- To establish the best available price to affect an order.
- Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carry out site surveys as required.
- Prepare and assess the requirements for producing tenders and budgets, establishing associated costs.
- Produce Go No Go approval in line with contracting standards.
- Interpret information and price accurate bills of quantities/pricing documents.
- Identify and understand different forms of contracts, their interpretation, and legal obligations.
- Develops rates, prices and incentive schemes for inclusion in tenders, in accordance with commercial strategy.
- Understand the insurance coverage to protect the position of the Company, mitigating risks.
- Have an understanding of the application of bonds, warranties and guarantees coverage to protect the position of the Company, mitigating the risks.
- Negotiate and establish agreed terms & conditions with the client in collaboration with the commercial team
- Produce commercial bids and documentation for approval of the Commercial Review Board (CRB)
- Understand the impact on risk producing Risk Registers for CRB review
- Obtain best pricing from supply chain partners for the appropriate resources, goods and services for the tender/estimate, in line with budgetary provision.
- Compliance with contracting standards, job costs, expected/minimum margin to ensure profitable returns to the business.
- Prepare and return accurate and quality tender / estimates within the required deadline.
- Liaise and collaborate with other departments including Bid, Design, Commercial, Finance, Co-ordination, Purchasing, HR, Estimating, etc
- Create reports for senior management.
- Other duties as required by the senior management team.
Occasional Allied Duties
- Carry out staff appraisals for managers who are direct reports setting out training and development programs as required.
- Production and maintenance of a regional management succession plan ensuring all training and development requirements to maintain the plan are implemented.
Skills and Experience
- Fire & Security estimating experience.
- Experience negotiating within Fire & Security industry.
- Possess clear and confident written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge and skills to effectively problem solve.
- High level of self-motivation can do attitude, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a commercial awareness within the fire & security / electrical industry.
- Completion and submission of Quotations, Bill of Quantities, and tenders’ documents.
- Intermediate computer literacy Microsoft Applications.
Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction or Building Services or recognised equivalent in a related discipline.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions should be regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.