Environment Compliance Advisor
MM659 – Environment Compliance Advisor
Location – Buckden, St Neots
Salary – Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Environment Compliance Advisor to join their team in Buckden., St Neots.
Applicants with a military background are encouraged to apply, however all candidates with relevant skills will be considered.
Main purpose and scope of job
Advise and give guidance to the site manager who is responsible for managing the environmental compliance at their designated facilities and to co-operate and assist in developing the site’s relationship with the regulator. You will also advise and help to deliver plans to manage and control all environmental compliance issues including improving leachate compliance across the site.
Duties and key responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the company’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Policies and Procedures are implemented.
- Advise and guide the site manager to achieve overall compliance with the Environmental Permit and other relevant environmental legislation.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the monitoring schedule is up to date and that the Environment Technician is completing the works.
- Assist the site manager to develop good working relationships with the Environment Agency.
- Report and action breaches of permitted control and trigger levels and develop action plans as directed to address the non-compliance.
- Monitor and report progress to site manager on action plans to address non compliances.
- Production of factual technical and environmental reports for the regulator.
- Advise and support site managers in management of contractors involved in the installation of environmental infrastructure.
- Carry out inductions of contractors carrying out environmental works as required.
- Advise and support Site Managers in the production and review of the Environmental Aspects and Impact assessments.
- Manage the administration processes for all environmental procurement to include Invoicing, Credit Control, and Purchasing etc.
- Advise on the effectiveness of leachate management systems on site, proposing improvements where necessary to the site manager.
- Develop site-specific leachate management plans that include the relevant financial and environmental appraisals.
- Liaise and attend meetings with Infinis on all landfill gas issues, supporting the site manager with NCRs and escalations as required. Review and report on ncrs closing out or following up as required. Review landfill gas data from FCC and 3rd parties. Prepare Gas Risk Assessments and management plans.
- Propose permit variations as required to improve environmental performance and reduce legacy. Manage 3rd parties or estates team involved in such proposals as directed by the site manager.
- Attend and respond to public complaints, maintaining a register of complaints.
- Update site environmental procedures.
- Conduct site environmental inspections.
- Attend Virtual team (VT) meetings and close out allocated actions.
- Involvement in both internal and external IMS audits.
- Preferably educated to degree level but otherwise with a proven track record in an environmental or leachate role.
- Expertise in use of environmental monitoring equipment/ analysers, and experience of report writing.
- Experience of waste industry and/or environmental monitoring preferred.
- Membership of CIWM would be beneficial.
- Strong reputation for consistent delivery of projects on time and to budget within a demanding commercial environment.
In return, our client offers
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car or car allowance
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life Insurance, 25 days annual leave, plus other benefits