Engineering Resource Manager
DC236 – Engineering Resource Manager
Location – Bournemouth
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our Client to recruit an Engineering Resource Manager to work alongside their Part 145 (Maintenance) and Part 21 (Design) organisations to drive resource efficiency and loading across our business.
Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for owning the resourcing for around 100 to 150 engineers across the UK, Middle East, and Hong Kong.
This is a key function for the smooth running of our maturing business, at the centre of an exciting, but demanding engineering business, having to liaise with engineers, HR, senior stakeholders and administrators.
You will be supporting the Technical Director in ensuring the efficient day-to-day running of the Service Line and reporting of appropriate activities, as well as the Managing Director, and Head of Delivery as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
If you have experience in areas like Business Operations, Resource Management or PMO, enjoy analysing data and trends and are also capable of forging and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders, this could be the role for you. Experience in either Engineering / Aviation or Professional Services roles would be highly beneficial.
The key criteria to succeed in this role are the following:
- Experience in an engineering, operations or consulting environment, with notable experience managing senior stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of all operational aspects of resourcing a professional services / engineering business including experience of recruitment and capacity forecasting.
- Demonstrable experience of resource management or operations.
- Experience of being able to liaise with a number of senior stakeholders.
- Flexible, including a willingness to travel offsite including all offices, as required.
- Manage resourcing within the Service Line, ensuring escalations are handled appropriately, making priority calls where needed.
- Track staff utilisation initiating corrective action with Senior Engineers and Delivery staff.
- Manage and control staff availability while minimising downtime.
- Forecasting and agreeing holiday to best balance the resourcing needs of the business.
- Support recruitment, working closely with the Recruitment team to meet demand.
- Agree resource plans/strategy for all approved bids.
- Enable our organisation to develop and implement medium to long-term staffing strategies, including upskilling plans.
- Continuous improvement of resourcing processes.
- Experience of resourcing tools / regimes / methodologies would be helpful.
- Use of MS Excel is necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Pension with up to 5% contributions matched.
- Life Insurance *
- Income Protection *
- Travel Insurance *
- Private Medical (after successful passing of probation) *
- 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
*(subject to insurance underwriting)