JA701 – Engineering Manager
Location – Mere, Wiltshire
Salary – up to £40K DOE
Working Hours: 39 per week 8:00 am – 4:45 pm, Mon-Thu 8:00 am – 3:45 pm Fri
We are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join our client’s manufacturing business. The successful candidate will lead all Engineering processes including investment and process development projects. Providing leadership, outstanding people skills, technical knowledge, and management to a team of Machine Technicians and Workshop Engineers.
Working alongside the Warehouse & Manufacturing Manager and the Mouldings Business Development Manager to optimise the running of their departments by improving the reliability of production machines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice production Engineering, planning, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Drive continuous improvement activities, in quality, cycle times, process improvements, machine availability, and reduction in downtime.
- Ensure robust and comprehensive technical solution are being applied
- Develop and Maintain project plans to ensure milestones are being met
- Identify any capital equipment and investment relating to Manufacturing and Engineering areas.
- Ensure accuracy of Engineering procedures and documentation
- Motivate and support the team to operational success
- Support and provide leadership in conjunction with the Warehouse & Manufacturing Manager in the overall people management of the Manufacturing team.
- Manage and Oversee the tool room functions, projects and personnel in supporting Manufacturing
- Demonstrate and lead open and strong communications within all areas of responsibility
- Manage the team of Technicians with support from the Manufacturing Planner along with the Manufacturing Supervisor
- Ensure downtime, set times, and machine issues are being addressed and resolved in a timely fashion.
- Develop relationships with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
- Ensure team members are suitably trained. Mentor them in their development.
- Manage the machine maintenance budget by making spare parts in the tool room where possible and sourcing from local suppliers where more cost effective than OEMs.
Skills and Experience
- Solid and demonstrable understanding of Manufacturing processes as well as Engineering and technical information
- CNC machine programming
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Ability to develop and lead focused teams
- High level of organisational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Keen and willing to drive performance and improvements
- Relevant Manufacturing / Engineering degree or HNC, HND, BTec
- Develop and apply advanced technologies, Engineering principles, theories, and ideas
- Ability to project manage internally and the ability to support and lead any process improvement activities
- Mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis
- Membership of an industry related professional body
- Knowledge of PFMEA, Lean or Six sigma tools and techniques