FC71 – Engineering Lecturer
Location – Rotherham
Salary – up to £34,000 (Depending on Experience and Qualification)
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Engineering Lecturer to join their College in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering professional to make a career change; down with the “tools” and into the classroom to share your knowledge and expertise influencing the next generation of skilled engineers. You may also be an experienced tutor or assessor, looking for a change or a new challenge. Whatever your rationale, this role is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver a range of qualifications from Level 1 to HND across the Engineering disciplines above to full time and part time students and apprentices.
- Deliver excellent teaching, completing the relevant preparation and marking that supports this, and to set SMART targets to enable students to reach their potential.
- Work in our well-equipped workshops and online though our virtual learning environment, using Google Classroom.
- Play an important role in developing creative resources to inspire outstanding learning and will be responsible for the monitoring and tracking of learner progress to promote positive outcomes for learners.
- Work in collaboration with Technicians, Progress Tutors, Skills & Employability Tutors and other internal departments such as examinations and curriculum administration.
- Work as part of the curriculum team at Rotherham and take direction from our Curriculum Team Leaders while being line managed by the Curriculum Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- Hold a vocational qualification at Level 3.
- Either have or be willing to work towards a teaching qualification and assessors award.
- Relevant industry experience as either a Mechanical Engineer, Machinist, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Welder or Metal Fabricator.
In Return Our Client Offers:
- A salary of £34,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualifications) including Market Force Enhancement.
- A full-time working week of 37 hours.
- Access to teacher pension.
- Up to 50 days annual leave per year.
- Access to their gyms, restaurants and salons.
- Staff health & wellbeing and benefits schemes including in-house Occupational Health service.
- Additional flexible working opportunities for some roles.
- Parking available at all of sites.
- Fantastic career development opportunities including funding for teacher training, apprenticeships and various other industry recognised qualifications.