FC62 – Employability Teacher
Location – Middlesbrough
Salary – £20,710 to £26,560 (Depending on Qualification)
Hours – 32 hours per week (+4 hours paid lunch)
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country- to recruit an Employability Teacher to join their Education Centre in Middlesbrough.
We are in search of an inspirational and highly passionate Teacher who works with great enthusiasm to lead, support, and deliver high quality teaching and learning of the Employability, Enrichment and Pastoral curriculum to 16–19-year olds, as part of the Study programme or as required by externally funded programs.
As part of the pre-employment (post offer) screening procedures, a DBS check will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning, delivery and course management of the Employability, Enrichment and Pastoral curriculum as part the Study Programme within the centre, developing and sharing best practice across the centre’s education.
- Deliver outstanding teaching and learning on programmes to a wide range of learners including predominantly those learners on Study Programme’s.
- Conduct initial assessments for all learners enrolled onto education programmes ensuring the needs of learners are met and learners are enrolled onto the correct programme of study to support achievement and progression and build on prior attainment.
- Assist in the delivery of all accredited and non-accredited qualifications and support the practical and theoretical elements of the courses offered through the Study Programme.
- Actively engage and motivate learners in decisions that affect them whilst supporting the delivery of tailored programmes that cater for the specific needs, interests and abilities of each individual learner.
- Assist in supporting learners to find and attend suitable external work experience placements and employer engagement activities.
- Have a good understanding of all learners’ needs, including LDD/SEND and supportive strategies that are included in the group profile and initial assessment.
- Design, plan and deliver the curriculum in line with the Education Inspection framework (EIF), awarding body standards and curriculum guidance and quality standards.
- Work closely with external partners and referrers to ensure learners are referred onto the programme of study that meets their needs and future aspirations.
- Develop appropriate learning resources, facilities, and environment to support high quality teaching and learning, prepare learners for the world of work/further study, and contribute to wider good practice in team/directorate.
Skills and Experience:
- Level 2 English and Maths.
- Teaching qualification CET/DET equivalent or working towards or above.
- Industry experience/exposure.
- IQA/Assessor qualification Desirable.