JM102 – Electronics Buyer.
Location – Skelmanthorpe.
Salary – £Competitive.
Our Client is looking for an electronics buyer who has experience in a fast pacing purchasing environment.
8.30am-4.30pm , Monday-Friday.
• Identifying products which need to be purchased.
• Responsible for the activities of the purchasing desk, including ensuring quality, on time delivery and cost performance.
• Establishing quality control and ensuring that bought stock meets company standards.
• Support for the sales team, in order to meet the company’s overall strategic aims. Working with the sales team to ensure efficient and effective control of the sales desk to meet the requirements of the customer and company.
Key Desk Tasks:
• Purchasing support to sales desk including negotiation, sourcing, creation, review and testing of BOM’s for competitive quoting. Includes organisation and control of contract and traceability records, and input to sales team.
• Day to day cost efficient purchasing of stock requirements, and sub-contract orders, generated by MRP system, including control of inventory levels, MOQ’s, Delivery costs, purchasing specifications, and assessment and monitoring of supplier performance. The company experiences a high level of supply chain issues and stock-outs, and fast response to these issues is critical.
• Organisation and maintenance of MRP/Parts system to deliver efficient and cost effective supply chain options.
• Purchase invoice reconciliation, including management of price discrepancies and supply chain issues to support accurate costing.
• Stock reporting and stocktake delivery for monthly management accounts.
• Maintaining strong relationships with vendors, and customers where free issue stock questions arise.
• Updating the Production and Management team about any delays or problems with suppliers and products.
• Cost reductions, cost avoidance, price competitiveness.
• PO’s placed on time.
• Sales order over due’s.
• Cost of Sales.
• Overall turnover growth and gross profit margin.
• Customer complaints in relation to correct information given at the time of order.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent organisation and management of information streams.
• PCB knowledge is preferable but not essential.
• Previous experience of a fast pace purchasing environment, within the electronics or engineering industry would be beneficial.
• Ability to deliver cost savings and lead time reductions.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Excellent IT skills.