Electrician – Site Based
JA717 – Site Electrician
Location – Culham, Oxfordshire
Salary – C£31.5K
Hours of works – 08:00 – 16:30, Monday to Friday with a half hour lunch break. There will be the opportunity of overtime at an enhanced rate.
We are currently recruiting in partnership with our UK client to recruit Site Electrician to work on their client’s site. The successful candidate must have 5 years UK checkable work history and be able to gain DBS vetting. The role requires the successful candidate to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in an industrial/commercial environment as an electrician covering panel work and fault finding and rectification.
The electrician is part of a multi disciplined Reactive and PPM Team and provide Electrically Biased support on a large multi building, multi tenanted research and development site. The Electricians role will be to carry out planned preventative maintenance or respond to a multitude of electrical faults as part of the infrastructure to ensure regulatory compliance and continued operation of site equipment.
Aims and Objectives.
- Provide a key role as part of an effective team delivering Planned and Reactive Services across the clients’ site.
- Participating in the service delivery on site and enhancing the customer experience, ensuring that they are the centre of what the Company Deliver.
- Promote a health and safety culture across the contract, liaising with other team members and sub-contractors to ensure that company standards are adhered to.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carrying out routine Maintenance to site Electrical and Facilities Equipment within a set schedule. Ensuring engineering standards are maintained in order to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical systems.
- Carrying out Electrical Installations including Testing and Certification
- Carry out 5 Year Fixed Electrical Testing as required
- Complete test and Inspection Certificates in line with Client and Company requirements
- Supporting the wider team in other areas where required related to customer requirements.
- Respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Keeping the CAFM system updated with works carried out.
- Ensuring onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- Work with specialist sub-contractors associated with electrical aspects of the PPM schedules.
- Liaising with the relevant managers daily to confirm all works are going to plan and no delays.
- Provide technical feedback in relation to work and equipment as required.
- Complete ADHOC tasks as requested by line manager.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements, Company ES20 Rule, along with SITE Specific Rules & Regulations
Skills and Experience
- City & Guilds Electrical Installation Level 3 2330 / 2360 OR Equivalent.
- City & Guilds 18th Edition BS7671
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working as a qualified Electrician.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience working within an Industrial/Commercial environment.
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment
- Must have a good understanding of Installation methods and selection of equipment required in Industrial premises.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- You will need to possess excellent communication skills and a flair for great service and leading by example.
- Strong administration skills be well organised with the ability to process data quickly and accurately and support team members.
- Proficient in the installation of electrical trunking systems, conduit and cable tray within commercial and industrial environments.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours outside of contracted hours.
- Ability to work independently.