First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Electrician on behalf of one of our clients.
The day-to-day activities of this role will involve travelling to a client’s site and carrying out the electrical installation and testing work required for that project including associated paperwork. You will be part of a mechanical and electrical team and assist mechanical trades when required.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out electrical installation and refurbishment works on existing water company sites in accordance with the project requirements and programme.
- Work on client sites across the region – you will be required to work away from home and stay overnight during the week subject to the project location and in accordance with the project needs.
- You may be required to undertake paid overtime as required, particularly when working away.
- Work outside and on sites that convey sewage as well as drinking water and comply with the necessary hygiene standards.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously if required.
- Specify job requirements and the parts / equipment / materials needed as well as compile survey reports for quotation purposes.
- Work in the company workshops as required.
- Read, understand and follow risk assessments and method statements.
- Inspect, survey, identify faults, carry out works and test electrical systems.
- Complete required paperwork for each project and compile reports to demonstrate installation and testing work has been carried out successfully accurately and timely.
- Utilise design drawings, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects.
- Compliance with BS7671 requirements as well as company and client specific standards.
- To be accountable to yourself and your co-workers and take responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and all others under your control.
- To work as part of a team and to cooperate with other staff / trades.
- Ensure the quality of your work on site is completed right first time and to company standards.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures and work instructions including commitment to working with the Company to achieve its OH&S, environmental and quality objectives and using correct Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
- Observe and comply with all good working practices.
- Capable of working at heights and in confined spaces in industrial environments.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ related experience post qualification in electrical installation and testing, preferably in the UK water sector.
- Fully qualified electrician (NVQ level 3 or equivalent) (essential).
- 17th / 18th Edition (essential).
- City & Guilds 2391 Test and Inspection (advantageous).
- Control and automation experience (advantageous).
- ECS Gold card or can easily obtain one.
- PC literate with good communication skills.
- EUSR clean water card (preferable).
- Emergency first aid or First Aider (preferable).
- Able to work well in a team and give as well as take instruction.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Excellent health and safety knowledge and application.
- Willingness to learn and undertake training as required.
- Positive “can do” attitude with flexible approach to work and ability to work on own initiative.
- Valid UK driving licence (essential).
- Confined spaces training (preferable).