LB49 – Electrical Technician
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Electrical Technician on behalf of one of our clients.
To maintain the network, install all electrical equipment, street light column, bollards, signs and feeder pillars this includes all associated wiring. Install cables cut outs and lanterns and repairing lanterns with interchangeable electronic components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for one Operative.
- Install all electrical equipment conforming to HEA and IEE 18th Edition wiring regulations.
- Attend to routine street lighting faults.
- Diagnose and replace failed components.
- Carry out electrical inspection tests and install electrical equipment to 714 or equivalent.
- Excavate for column, bollard and sign foundations.
- Block clean and change.
- Make off SWA/PVC insulated cable.
- Record test results using hand held computer.
- Commissioning of new lighting columns/bollards/lit signs.
- Take part in out of hours emergency services on a call out basis.
- Other maintenance tasks as required.
- Provide support to other contracts.
- Responsibility for the security of plant, tools and materials.
- Responsible for the safe use of vehicles.
- Responsibility for wearing all PPE.
- Responsible for own health and safety and that of the public.
- Responsible for achieving own performance targets.
- The work is carried out outdoors hence you will be working in an environment of varying weather conditions and temperatures.
- The post holder will attend all training deemed appropriate and will be expected to attend regular tool box talks.
- The post holder will be required to work on a stand by rota.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Driving Licence.
- C1 Driving Licence desirable.
- City & Guilds Part 2 or equivalent in Electrical Installation works.
- City & Guilds 2391 Electrical Inspection or equivalent.
- Able to work at heights of up to 20 metres.
- 18th Edition desirable.
- Certification for Electrical testing.
- HEA Competency Portfolio desirable.
- Good all round project management knowledge.
- Ability to hand dig and excavate for streetlighting installations.
- Experience of street lighting Installations and associate maintenance desirable.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels.
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE).
- Card ECS.
- Personal Highways Safety.
- Hiab ticket desirable.
- HEA 302 – Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Environmental Awareness Tool Box Talk.
- Banksman Slinger.
- Abrasive Wheels.
- ECS Health Test.
- IPAF Use and Inspection of Harness.
- CAT Scanner (Highways).
- IPAF Vertical Personnel Platform 1B.
- IPAF Vehicle Mounted Platform to 26m.
- LANTRA Health and Safety Awareness.
- Manual Handling Highways Electrical.
- Ability to loan work.
- Medicals – Other.
- Ladder Use.
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000