Electrical Maintenance Engineer – Building Service
JA699 – Electrical Maintenance Engineer – Building Services
Location – South Kensington-London
Salary – £34K inclusive of shift allowance
Shifts – 4 on 4 off (4 days, 4 days off, 4 nights, 4 days off), 12hr shifts (0800-2200 & 2200-0800
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our client’s facilities maintenance team in London SW7. The successful candidate will be Electrically qualified with mechanical skills. The role is to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works/emergencies in accordance with the contract requirements on Mechanical and Electrical Services.
This role would suit an ex-military person looking to move into the Building Maintenance Industry and as such applications from suitable candidates are strongly encouraged.
- To carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules, ensuring engineering standards are maintained to maximise the operational effectiveness and reliability of the Plant and associated electrical and mechanical systems.
- Adherence to set engineering standards in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA) requirements.
- To ensure onsite Quality Assurance procedures are adhered to in all respects and to maintain accurate records/documentation associated the mechanical and electrical aspects of the PPM and plant.
- To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all electrically and mechanically related reactive maintenance issues and help desk requests.
- To coordinate initial actions associated with all requests from the client.
- To coordinate visiting specialist subcontractors associated with electrical and mechanical aspects of the PPM schedules.
- To respond to callouts and cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the electrical services aspects of the contract as required.
- Electrical fault diagnosis associated with the PPM or Reactive maintenance of the site.
- Repair of electrical systems and controls associated with Heating and Ventilation Building Services.
- Repair and maintenance of lighting and distribution systems.
- Assist other trades, as necessary.
- To attend monthly site meetings as required.
- To provide reports in relation to work and equipment as required.
- To undertake miscellaneous duties as requested by the Client.
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they Mechanical and Electrical, Like for Like replacements, Project works, FM Soft Services etc
Skills and Experience:
- 17th/18th edition Level 3 City & Guilds Certificate 2391-10 in inspection, testing & certification of electrical installations to BS 7671 standard
- Experience in the Electrical aspects of general building PPM schedules.
- Health and Safety Training.
- GCSE (or ‘O’ Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent.
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Full Clean UK Driving Licence.
- City & Guilds Part 3 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent.
- Experience in computer PPM management systems (Plan-on)
- Experience with Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)
- Experienced in electrical installation work,
- ONC/HNC in mechanical engineering or recognised equivalent/experience.
- Supervisory experience for future development
- The core support team competency framework for the position are:
- Teamwork – actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams’ effectiveness through personal commitment.
- Planning, Organising & Executing – able to understand the priorities, plan and organise the work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
- Communication – communicates clearly and concisely, impressing others and ensuring understanding of all relevant information in all circumstances.
- Commercial Awareness – understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
- Risk Management – is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
- Adaptability – is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
- Drive for Excel