DC421 – Electrical Engineer
Location – Bristol
Salary – £Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Electrical Engineer to join their team in Bristol. Accountable to the Project Manager and Quantity Surveyor, the Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the successful delivery of electrical and multi-discipline projects from tender stage through to handover with emphasis on technical, health & safety, programming, procurement, commercial and quality systems.
This is predominantly a Bristol site-based role however there may be requirements to visit other sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret contract drawings and specifications (including architectural and structural).
- Identify changes in relation to the contract.
- Maximise ‘upward’ change.
- Minimise ‘downward’ change.
- Manage and monitor costs and second take off if necessary.
- Carry out value engineering.
- Produce technical submissions.
- Carry out bid analysis and vetting of quotations/proposals.
- Procure plant items and sub-contractor packages (engineering, commercial, planning & safety).
- Manage draughting resources to produce detailed installation drawings.
- Understand methods of build such as structure, externals, partitions, raised floors and ceilings.
- Have a basic understanding of mechanical systems.
- Have planning skills to understand overall sequence, identify key dates and monitor progress.
- Working with/in manufacturing facilities.
- Produce inspection and test plans.
- Manage testing, commissioning and demonstration phase including training.
- Work with client’s other supply chains involved with projects and who have their own procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- BTEC ONC/HNC (in Electrical or Building Services Engineering).
- BS7671 18th Edition wiring regulations.
- Initial and Periodic Electrical Inspection and Testing C&G 2391.
- JCT D&B and NEC Contract Awareness.
- Excellent communication skills and visibility with site operations to identify issues and problem solve.
- Be aware of health and safety requirements and the continual assessment/control of risk.
- Trimble design software for cable sizing models, distribution boards schedules & protection studies.
- MPP for programming and programme management including procurement and progress reporting.
- Understand a project commissioning plan and comply with all aspects.
- Produce builders work details in sketch format including duct and conduit setting out.
- Produce schematics in Autocad and match to cable sizing and distribution boards.
- Review, write and approve electrical test certification (NICEIC QS role).
- LV and HV Systems.
- UPS and Generation.
- Lighting, Lighting Control and Emergency Lighting.
- Small Power.
- Voice and Data.
- Containment Selection.
- Multi Service Bracket Design.
- Fire Detection and Alarm.
- Access Control, Intruder Systems and Security.
- Photovoltaics and EV Charging.
- Earthing and Lightning Protection.
- BMS and control wiring.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits.