Electrical Design Engineer
JA694 – Electrical Design Engineer
Location – Braintree, Essex
Salary – £Competitive DOE
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer with the ability to manage client’s projects from cradle to grave to work in our client’s Custom Projects Team. The successful candidate will have a good phone manner but also be knowledgeable about electrical engineering covering the following areas switch boards, circuit breakers, transformers, and panel boards within the design wholesale market. Our client likes to think of the custom projects team as its own little business within the company and as such it is a small tight night team.
If you find yourself taking things apart to see how they work (and ideally putting them back together again)? Are you just as happy operating a drill as you are a mouse and meet the job criteria, we would like to hear from you?
- As part of a team of 3 (plus our Technical Manager) you’ll be working on custom projects where you’ll design, engineer (both electrical and mechanical), cost estimate, plan, and produce custom electrical distribution equipment according to a customer’s specifications, and meeting delivery deadlines and profitability targets
- You will be involved in all aspects of the Custom Build operations, supporting purchasing and inventory planning, and carrying out necessary importing of information to our SAP business management system
- You will be called upon at all stages of the product’s life cycle, from the sales process to the build and customisation, through to it finally leaving the building.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified to Degree or HNC/HND level (Electrical power biased)
- Have a good working knowledge of the current Electrical Installation Regulations
- Experience with CAD/SolidWorks.
- Ability to produce electrical schematic and manufacturing drawings.
- Have a flair for design innovation.
- Good administration, organisational, and communication skills.
- Like a challenge
About our client
They have been established for more than 70 years as a manufacturer and distributor of plugs, connectors, and industrial switchgear. They possess a vast portfolio of LV electro technical product solutions, and a wealth of knowledge and expertise to make it a true leader within its sector.
They are proud of their products, which are consumed globally in many and varied industrial applications, including power distribution, lighting, transportation, marine, tunnels, and hazardous areas.
In recent years, they have also become a recognizable name within the residential and industrial consumer protection equipment market, where it continues to innovate and advance its product ranges year on year. Similarly, a Custom-Built electrical distribution products division forms a strategic and differentiating product and service offer.
Their objective is to continue to develop this growing business, and to identify opportunities to improve the product offer, overall customer experience, and profitability.