EC&I Engineer [Projects]
MM568 – EC&I Engineer
Location – Redhill
Salary – £40000 – £45000 DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an EC&I (Systems) Engineer to join their team in Redhill.
Reporting into the Systems Manager (Production) and collaborating with the engineering team, this position will provide expert ICA support to MNI projects as well as ensuring these are delivered within Department operational requirements. Delivery of the Instrumentation and Control Automation (ICA) projects as part of multi-disciplinary collaborative Production/Engineering schemes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out feasibility studies covering both technical and financial matters in order to produce proposals for schemes concerning specifically, ICA, and communications investigations and to advise management of the most suitable scheme.
- Supervision of non-infrastructure schemes associated with all ICA aspects of water abstraction, treatment, supply and distribution projects.
- Develop and review of the ICA and communications standards adopted by the Company.
- Generation of ICA designs, preparation of Specifications and Contract Documents, liaising with Customers and Contractors, appraisal of, and reporting on Tenders.
- Supervisory duties during construction, installation and commissioning of various projects.
- Monitoring compliance with relevant quality, health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation, policies and procedures.
- Support the business during incidents and emergencies that may impact on the service to our customers.
- Provide training and support to operational staff in matters related to ICA systems.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree in Electronic Engineering, Control Engineering or a similar discipline.
- Good working knowledge of Water Treatment process.
- Knowledge of ICA design principles.
- Management of third party service providers.
- At least three years, engineering experience of SCADA, Automation and control systems. GE-iFix, Leeway, Allen-Bradley SLC/Controllogix environment.
- Working knowledge of CMMS systems.
- Ability to develop relationships at all levels and across all business functions.
- Exercises independent judgement and makes effective decisions.
- IT networks and systems. Including Microsoft Active directory environment, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Full driving licence
- Salary TBC dependent on experience
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva’s Group Personal Pension Plan
- Free on-site parking or in local area
- Life assurance
- Bonus scheme
- 23 days’ holiday per year, increasing to 27 with service
- Give as you earn scheme
- Financial education, savings and personal loans through Neyber
- Aqualibrium – our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health checks
- Simply Health Cash Plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Confidential crisis support, counselling and legal advice
- One day paid volunteering a year
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and Garage