Design Manager (Civils)
JS244 – Design Manager (Civils)
Salary: £ 65,000 – £70,000 + Car / Travel allowance
First Military Executive Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting for a Design Manager with building design management and extensive Civils experience for a client who are still recruiting during this challenging time.
The role will be manage design consultant activities and deliverables to ensure they are completed in line with the agreed programme. This may include more than one consultant.
To be the technical lead on the project unless an Engineering Manager is present. Ensure both input and output deliverables for the design are tracked and reported to the Project Manager as required.
My client encourages applications from Ex-Military personnel however all candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Manage the process, resolution and communication of all design queries as part of the project.
- Review contract requirements and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Raise requests for further information internally and externally from the whole project team.
- Collaborate in the preparation of design programmes.
- Manage communication with the Client design representative throughout the contract period.
- Produce monthly reports on design progress and any other design specific elements.
- Manage and update the design deliverable schedule.
- Review all design deliverables and ensure that they are completed to the expected standard – Challenge and resolve when not.
- Manage and chair design reviews with project team.
- Manage and chair all design interface meetings with external parties.
- Review designs for compliance with contract requirements and tender intentions.
- Ensure compliance with design approval processes required by the contract.
- Routinely monitor report on progress of the design and explain any necessary actions.
- Collaborate with the engagement of external suppliers/subcontractors.
- Ensure document register is completed by designers correctly and issued.
- Manage provision of drawings to project team – document control.
- Establish technical query procedure.
- Review all design communications and collaboratively resolve queries.
- Agree changes with Project team in accordance with project authority protocol.
- Issue of instructions to Designer in accordance with project authority protocol.
- Implement change order management.
- Approve designer’s quality management system
- Lead Design Reviews with approval and acceptance bodies. TAA, NR, LUL etc..
- Support Assurance functions with design specific requirements
Skills & experience:
- Candidates should hold Chartered Civil Engineering status or equivalent.
- Must have spent 12 months completing designs as part of a consultancy or temporary works design department.
- Will have both substantial construction and design experience.
- Ability to deputise for the Project Manager if required.
- Understands the Principal Designer Duties including ERIC.
Salary: £ 65,000 – £70,000 + Car / Travel Allowance