Design Compliance Manager
JS323 – Design Compliance Manager
Location: Woodford Green
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Design Compliance Manager on behalf of one of our prestigious clients.
The primary responsibilities of the role will be to manage the design processes for design and build contracts or traditional contracts with CDP’s, acting as the primary contact with the design teams, the client and the production teams.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all qualified candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become fully conversant with Company procedures as the Design Compliance Manager.
- Assist in appointing TDC’s in line with company procedures.
- Provide project status reports to your line manager monthly or at intervals as requested by your line manager.
- Advise on the cost effectiveness of alternative methods of construction.
- Coordinate the design information supplied to our construction/ operations division(s).
- Manage compliance checks against specification, client requirements and legislation.
- Manage the preparation of the design programme and monitor progress throughout the design and construction phases.
- Manage document and change control in line with company procedures.
- Manage the development of Contractor’s proposals for Design and Build projects ensuring compliance is met with the Employers Requirements, legislations, SBD etc.
- Manage the development of design, attending or convening design/ management meetings as required.
- Manage the resolution of technical design queries.
- Principal contact with designers.
- Propose and implement Value Management and Engineering initiatives.
- Provide advice on Building Regulations, Building Warranty, Planning and best practice.
- Qualify design outputs against proposals.
- Resolve potential design problems.
- Manage the Consultants and approval of Planning, Building Control and Building Warranty conditions approval.
- To act as the principal interface between the design and construction teams.
- To ensure that the “Buildability” of a project is maximised.
- To perform any reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
- Manage a DCM or DBC carrying out the same process above.
- Create a positive work environment within the department/team and company as a whole.
- Promote department and inter department teamwork.
- Identify and develop department/team members potential.
- Motivate department staff members.
- Comply with all the company’s environmental, social and ethical objectives.
- Promote Company goals and demonstrate ways they can be achieved.
- You will be required to attend an Employee Induction Program on joining the Company.
- The Company will support and encourage continuous professional development; your manager in conjunction with the Training Manager will identify and update your personal development plan on an ongoing basis. You are encouraged to take responsibility for your own development.
- The Training Manager will be notified by your Line Manager of any training needs required for you to perform your job on an ongoing basis.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 or more years post qualification experience – HND, Degree or similar qualification in architectural technology, construction, or the built environments.
- Experience in the use of JCT Design & Build Contracts, with good construction drawing detail/building regulations/legislation knowledge.
- Architecturally Professionally Qualified either RIBA/ARB/MCIAT registered, or Part 1/HND(C) qualified.
- Main Contractor/Developer (house builder)/Architectural Consultancy background with Design & Build experience.
- Proven ability to successfully deliver projects up to £35m
- Thorough knowledge of the construction process.
- Thorough knowledge of Planning legislation, Building Regulations, NHBC warranty requirements and construction methods.
- A proven track record in the delivery of planning approval and detailed design of residential and mixed-use schemes.
- Ability to work under pressure in a reactive environment and able to problem solve.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams.
- Competency in relevant IT systems and CAD software.
- Liaising with staff and external parties at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal communication.
- Excellent written, drawing and verbal communication.