Deputy Engineering Manager
MM612 – Deputy Engineering Manager/Engine overhaul department Inspector
Location – Oxford
Salary – Competitive
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Deputy Engineering Manager/Engine Overhaul Department Inspector to join their team in Oxford.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility of carrying out the day to day duties of processing engines through the inspection department.
- This will involve carrying out all associated tasks to this process, which includes, but is not limited to dimensional inspection of components, checking AD, SB, SI compliance and completing the worksheets/work packs as required.
- As part of the role the candidate will be responsible for making replacement part requests and liaising with the purchasing department to ensure all parts arrive as required to process the job through the workshop without delay.
- The candidate will also be responsible for final work pack completion and sign off, then issuing required release to service for applicable B2 and C rating tasks.
- Primarily this task will be checking the engine and component work packs to ensure work has been completed I.A.W the correct data and all relevant sheets have been completed by the operator/engineering carrying out the required task.
- The candidate will also be responsible for assisting the Engineering Manager in the day to day operations of the engine and component division.
- Ensuring all obligations to the customers and regulatory bodies are met. In the absence of the Engineering Manager the candidate will be responsible for taking charge of the division.
- Ideally has recent experience working in an EASA approved piston engine overhaul facility.
- Working knowledge of EASA regulations which applies to engine & component overhaul/repair.
- Very strong general mechanical engineering background.
- Good working knowledge of internal combustion engines and associated components.
- Previous experience in engine assembly processes, this can be general engineering or Aviation specific areas.
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Group Health Scheme
This is a full-time role (40 hours per week), offered on a permanent basis, salary will be discussed in full, at interview.