DC253 – Dairy Engineer
Salary – £25,000 to £35,000 DOE + Benefits
Location: Derbyshire / Staffordshire / Cheshire
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Dairy Engineer. This role is based in Ashbourne, Derbyshire, but will require some work in Staffordshire and Cheshire.
Our client employs a team of experienced engineers who have over 150 years’ combined experience of working within the dairy engineering business. Amongst the team, they have accredited MEA and FGas engineers – an industry standard which ensures their engineers are fully trained and certified to install and service all parlours, refrigeration and air conditioning.
With a wealth of knowledge their engineers are experts in their field and specialise in:
- Milking parlour, bulk tank and silo installations.
- Updates to existing equipment.
- Service work.
- Plant and tank routine testing.
- 24-hour breakdown assistance.
With innovation currently driving the farming industry forward their engineers are at the cutting edge of the technological advances installing and repairing:
- Robotic, Rotary, Rapid Exit and Herringbone milking equipment.
- Ice builders and glycol cooling systems.
- Fully integrated herd management and milk analysis software.
- Standalone cluster flush and automatic teat dipping systems.
- Animal segregation systems.
- Installation of energy efficient plant equipment.
As a team, they are committed to the highest level of service and will offer quality advice on all aspects of the aforementioned. With an abundance of local connections, they can often advise on, or collaborate with existing tradespeople. This assures the highest standard of work and customer.
- Be responsible for working out on farm, liaising and working alongside farmers.
- Assist with the service, installation, maintenance and repairs of dairy and milking machinery.
- Pick up required dairy parts and drive them to site.
- Travel to meet with customers on farm.
- Work on-call and out of hours on a rota system.
- Learning about the refrigeration and milking equipment.
- Working your way towards industry certification.
Ideal Personal Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum third level education or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in refrigeration and/or strong background in troubleshooting electrical circuits and controls is required.
- Previous service experience in dairy or food related industry is preferred.
- Strong organisational skills, including good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel mainly throughout Midlands.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work some evenings and weekends in rota basis.
- Motivated, self-starter who can work independently, yet function and participate as part of a team.
- This is a permanent, full-time position.
- 45-hour basic working week.
- Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- On-call Requirements.
- Relocation support and / or short-term accommodation may also be on offer to the successful candidate.
Fully expensed company vehicle (company van), equipment and tools, mobile phone, laptop, excellent overtime rates of pay, latest testing equipment and more.
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 DOE + Benefits
Location: Ashbourne, Derbyshire