AR156 – CT Radiographer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a CT Radiographer on behalf of one of our clients.
To carry out the day to day scanning on the mobile CT units, supporting a wide range of CT examinations including lung cancer screening, using the latest Siemens CT technology.
Our client strongly encourages applications from ex-military personnel however candidates from all backgrounds will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking supervised imaging procedures in line with existing modality specific clinical guidelines and protocols.
- Run Quality Assurance checks on equipment, and action as appropriate.
- Ensures due regard is given to the customs, values and spiritual beliefs of patients and to ensure patient views are sought and taken into account.
- Undertake examinations in line with the patient referrals adhering to departmental guidelines.
- To be proficient in all aspects of CT and image transfer for remote reporting where required.
- To hold the appropriate cannulation qualification.
- Manipulate and position all patients providing immobilisation when required.
- Handle and operate highly specialised and expensive equipment.
- Should imaging equipment malfunction during an examination evaluate the situation and provide an immediate solution.
- Maintain professional competencies and CPD.
- Understand and adhere to the charity’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Demonstrate safe, effective practice in line with the charity’s policies and procedures.
- Follow modality specific protocols, in line with requirements, to support the service.
- Ensure timely image transfer.
- Ensure patient information systems are maintained with accurate and up to date information.
- Ensure the security and upkeep of all relevant patient records.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, customer care, and service provision.
- Report all incidents and complaints in line with the charity’s policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Ensure the smooth flow of clinical and administrative work.
- Effectively communicate and appropriately respond to all visitors.
- Participate in governance activities i.e. audits, personal development, and team meetings.
- To monitor essential stocks and order as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Comply with ISO standards in respect of Information Security Management.
- Assist in the training and support of new members of staff.
- Assist in production and preparation of image data for publications and presentations.
- To support the Superintendent CT Radiographer with the organisation of all maintenance of mobile CT scanners, radiology and peripheral equipment.
- Take reasonable care of the health and safety of yourself and of the other people who may be affected by actions and omissions at work.
- Co-operate with the employer in ensuring that all statutory and other requirements are complied with.
- To be aware of responsibilities for infection prevention and control.
- Co-operate with the employer in ensuring that all infection prevention and control policies and procedures are complied with.
- Conduct hand hygiene in accordance with policy, challenging those around you who do not.
Skills and Qualifications:
- HPC Registration.
- D.C.R. or BSc in Radiography.
- Substantial post graduate experience in CT.
- Experienced CT Radiographer.
- Involvement with QA.
- Evidence of a commitment to reflecting on and learning from previous practice.
- Awareness of changes within imaging practice.
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and the relevance to practice.
- Experience of audit.
- Knowledge of relevant policies and procedures.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to assess and implement highly specialist imaging procedures, adapting technique and prioritise imaging if required.
- Physical dexterity to manipulate objects, people with narrow margins for error and to position and manoeuvre patients.