Critical Facilities Maintenance (Shift Lead)
KS31 – Critical Facilities Maintenance (Shift Lead)
Location: Hemel, Hempstead
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Project Manager on behalf of one of our clients based in Hemel Hempstead. Reporting directly to the Critical Facilities Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for the shift patterns delivery of Facility Management (FM) services to Data Centers, ensuring operational performance and efficiency is always maintained to the highest possible standards. Provide engineering support and guidance in general on property matters affecting the on-going management and development of out clients’ Data Centers.
You will be responsible for the management of the shift engineers on your working pattern, including but not limited to ensuring training matrix are up to date, ensure that all planned absences are covered, and scenario drills are completed. You will provide technical support and leadership across the shift including first line response to any incidents that arise. Working with other shift leads, all handovers will be completed and documented using the agreed process.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that your shift team undertake all planned and reactive work allocated to them in the most effective and efficient manner by managing and controlling manpower and resources/materials on a day-to-day basis. This will include consulting with client and building users to ensure minimum inconvenience or disruption whilst maintenance work is in progress and being carried out.
- Motivating, engaging and driving a high-performance work environment.
- Proactively managing individual and team performance by setting objectives and regularly reviewing objectives.
- Working closely with the Critical Facilities Maintenance Manager and maintain responsibility for ensuring services are delivered in accordance with best practice processes and procedures.
- First line escalation for incidents.
- Managing the ticketing queues.
- Managing specialist sub-contractors whilst on site ensuring that they comply with NTT rules and regulations e.g. undertaken induction, wear appropriate PPE, have good quality risk assessments. and method statements, working safely whilst on site etc.
- Ensuring that sub-contractors perform to the requirement of the contract.
- Administering sub-contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site.
- Ensuring there is continuous development of the sites Emergency Operations Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Carrying out operational and maintenance activities as directed, ensuring work is executed in a safe and compliant manner.
- Conducting site toolbox talks with your respective shift team.
- Managing the site permit (PTW) and safe systems of work processes.
- Ensuring that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and used for all tasks undertaken to ensure safe working practices at all times.
- Maintaining contractor and site safety by way of regular contractor safety/activity spot checks.
- Promoting Critical Engineering Best Practice and ensuring the provision of a safe and healthy working environment. To include the wearing of uniform and PPE at all times.
- Assisting in resolving technical issues with site operations team.
- Maintaining and promote high standards of Health and Safety.
- Being the first level of escalation for technical and non-technical issues for the shift engineering team.
- Supporting the shift engineering teams to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the Data Centers.
- Maintaining a proactive involvement in the on-going technical evaluation of all plant and equipment, and provide suggestions of improvements where appropriate.
- Ensuring site logbook systems are current and correct and maintained in accordance with the respective compliance.
- Acting as an Authorised Person for the SSOW for both Low Voltage and High Voltage systems.
- Identifying faults and accurately diagnosing root causes.
- Monitoring and maintain equipment performance to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the Data Centers.
- Supervising both in-house staff and contractors to deliver a highly focused customer service.
- Attending oth