Contract Supervisor [Refuse & Recycling]
DC302 – Contract Supervisor [Refuse & Recycling]
Location – Dunstable
Salary – £Competitive DOE
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Contract Supervisor to join their team in Dunstable.
The Supervisor will work under the direction of the Manager for the planning, control and supervision of staff and resources to maintain the collection of refuse, recycling and street cleansing throughout the district.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and organise daily tasks, arranging crew deployment, allocating vehicles, plant and materials to ensure completion of contractual requirements and specifications.
- Prepare and record resource schedules for all work programmes so as to ensure adequate labour, vehicles, plant and materials are available to meet contract schedules, informing Manager of any shortfalls and action taken to resolve.
- Set output targets for all crews and monitor performance and standards against targets.
- Ensure that all staff completes accurately all relevant documentation – driver defect reports, work schedules, time sheets, driver’s hours and additional work instructions.
- Ensure that wheel torque and vehicle cleaning is being carried out as per company procedures each week.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities under the H&S at Work Act and all other work related legislation.
- Carry out Health & Safety monitoring, and reversing assistant monitoring to all crews, each crew should be seen a minimum of once per week.
- To maintain all records and systems for the effective operation of the contract.
- Maintain high standards of contractor/client liaison.
- Manage employee attendance, staff grievances, misconduct and discipline within the scope of the Company guidelines.
- Carry out return to work interviews on employees following all non-attendances at work and invoke capability procedures if required.
- To assist the Company in achieving its published Business Objectives and complying with all procedures in line with the ISO system.
- Assist with other supervisor as and when required to maintain correct supervision and conformance across contract.
- You may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business, all additional duties will be considered to be within your capacity and capability.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous operational experience in a similar role/environment. (Preferred)
- Previous experience working on the highway. (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the local area.
- Hold a valid and clean UK Driving Licence. (Essential)
- Driving vehicles up to 3.5T.
- LGV Class 2 Licence. (Desirable)
- Operator’s Licence (Desirable)
- Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
- Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
- Able to operate mechanical equipment, after instruction
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Are a good timekeeper.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written including IT.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions
- Able to use own initiative and work unsupervised, as well as being adaptable to new and changing situations/problems.
- Able to delegate, train, lead, and monitor workforce.
- Have an intermediate knowledge of Health and Safety Policy & Procedures.
- Experience of planning workload, holidays, and scheduling.
- Be calm, assertive and confident, show sympathy as required.
- Experience of stock control and related issues.
- Highly Motivated.
- Be keen to undertake personal development.
- Be a team player.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience of training and developing others.
- Experience of unionised work environments.
- Able to undertake presentations.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary DOE.
- A working week of 40 Hours – Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm.
- Pension scheme.
- Life insurance.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Other benefits.