Commissioning IT Engineer
JA759 – Commission IT Engineer (Graduate)
Location – London
Salary – £24000
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Commissioning IT Engineer (Gradudate) to join their team in London. Our client is a leading utility services company providing services to distributed energy schemes in the UK, particularly residential heat networks and district heating schemes. Clients include private developers, construction contractors, high volume residential landlords, managing agents and social housing providers. Services provided include metering, billing, installation (and retrofit) of pay-as-you-go / metering equipment solutions, site management through They are seeking degree level engineers, wishing to kick- start their career and push boundaries, whilst being passionate about climate change and achieving this target.
Are you interested in a career that gets you out from behind a desk whilst contributing to the UK’s Net Zero Carbon emissions plans? If so, we would love to hear from you!
As a key role within the Installations Team, the Commissioning IT Engineer (Graduate) is responsible for installing and supporting all field-based Pay-As-You-Go equipment and supporting IT infrastructure. The role will require a substantial amount of time on site, both working on systems and proactively engaging with clients. However, it offers graduates a fast-track for them to develop expertise in a new and quickly developing industry where there is a huge demand for knowledgeable and competent engineers. This role offers tangible professional and career development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Installation and commissioning prepayment & controlled credit systems:
- Become an expert in commissioning a range of market leading Pay-As-You-Go metering systems and technologies.
- Be the ‘go- to’ person and own the end-to- end IT setup and reporting.
- Problem solving and fault- finding issues to ensure sites handover fully working.
- Communicate and share information with clients, consultants, principle and sub- contractors at some of the UK’s most prestigious flagship construction sites.
- Build and maintain close working relationships with suppliers to stay one- step ahead with knowledge and the latest developments.
- Automatic Metering Reading (AMR) systems:
- Support role to IT; including installing, commissioning, fault finding and maintaining dataloggers, Gateways, repeaters, routers, & IP Power Down Plugs.
- Problem solving and fault- finding issues with RF networks, systems and associated equipment.
- Liaising with 3rd parties e.g. our cloud service provider, BT or other ISP’s and clients & contractors.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude towards providing customer service excellence in all aspects of work.
- Be personally accountable for the highest standards of quality workmanship & take pride in your work.
- Happy to work as an individual, but contribute to the team goals and ethos and share best practice.
- Ensure stock & tools are booked out before taking to site, in line with correct procedures and processes.
- Wow Clients and Customers, by challenging the status quo and delivering the highest levels of service.
- Adhere to Health and Safety company policy and training.
- Being available for occasional pre-planned weekend or “out of normal hours” working when required.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree qualified in an appropriate IT field.
- Numerate and literate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities with minimal supervision; fault finding, ability to work on own and solve problems independently.
Desirable (but not essential):
- Electrical, telecoms or previous IT experience would be advantageous.
- Competent using a multi-meter, electrical and IT equipment.
- Router, VPN, subnetting experience,
- Cat 5e/6 cabling termination experience
- Good all-round IT troubleshooting skills.
- Must hold CSCS card (or able to get one with our support)
In return our client offers:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- 4% Pension contribution
- Team Performance Incent