Commercial – Procurement Manager
JA673 – Commercial/Procurement Manager
Location – Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Salary – C£50K + £10K overseas + 9% pension allowance
We are currently recruiting in conjunction with our global client for a Senior Commercial/Procurement Manager to join their team in Saudi Arabia. The successful candidate will contribute to and manage the commercial/procurement activities of the line of business, ensuring that business success is maximised in line with agreed targets and ensure all legally binding Company commitments are agreed in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
OUTLINE QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND BUSINESS EXPERTISE
- Relevant Degree or equivalent and c.9+ years commercial/procurement experience
- Experienced in developing supplier relationships to meet the needs of the business.
- Can resolve business unit inter-dependencies and issues across projects and functions
- Extensive knowledge of business unit financial/commercial/procurement policies
- A good working knowledge of the business unit approach to Life Cycle Management
- A strong track record of contributing to the management of contractual issues
- A thorough understanding and comprehension of Commercial Contracts & Law
- Proven negotiating skills in a range of environments
- Wide ranging experience of dealing with domestic and international suppliers
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or accredited by the International Association for Contracts and Commercial Management (IACCM) or equivalent
OBJECTIVES & OUTLINE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage and set objectives/review for a team of commercial/procurement staff
- Produce a full range of contractual documentation for assigned areas in line with all relevant Company requirements and procedures
- Lead or participate in contract/ subcontract negotiations with all relevant parties to facilitate the smooth and successful conclusion of negotiations
- Manage contracts/ subcontracts, ensuring the efficient and effective resolution of issues.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders for subcontractors/suppliers in accordance with established procurement policies, issue requests for proposals and verify invoices prior to payment.
- Support and implement pricing and payment strategies and policies in assigned areas, in accordance with all relevant Company requirements and procedures
- Support and implement overall financial targets and budgetary management strategies in assigned areas
- Manage potential areas of risk and carry out risk analyses and assessments to support the minimisation of risk.
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to ensure the effective management of business agreements.
- Manage the resolution of commercial/procurement issues to facilitate effective business decision-making.
- Convene and support business reviews with suppliers to ensure that quality, delivery and cost targets are achieved.
- Lead, develop and motivate any assigned staff to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their responsibilities.
- Contribute to the development of the Functional Governance Manual and the Procurement Manual and communicate/implement them in assigned area to deliver strong governance and business effectiveness.
- Keep up to date with and research new commercial/procurement developments in assigned areas and assist in assessing their advantage to the company.
- Liaison with senior stakeholders within internal and external customer community.
- Actively support interfaces with Finance, Legal, HR and Group Tax to establish effective contracting and pricing models.
- Lead or manage RBA activities in line with DOA.
- Tender analysis and administration.
- Production of Commercial/Procurement plans in support of LCM.
GLOBAL LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Set Direction & Deliver Results
- Drives Strategic Growth – Proactively makes changes to improve business performance
- Partners with Customers – Adapts solutions for customers to meet their requirements
- Generates New Ideas – Engages others in new ways of working and problem solving
- Take Others With You
- Understands and Develops Self – Proactively develops self and communicates effectively in chal