Location: Workington, Cumbria
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a CNC Machinist on behalf of one of our clients.
The purpose of this role is to machine items from a combination of work instructions, reading drawing information and understanding NC Programming. This will be used to aid and support the Team Leader with achieving deadlines of manufactured part, product quality and health & safety objectives.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military personnel however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to Set, Operate and check programs over a variety of CNC Horizontal and Vertical Milling machines working in heavy industry.
- Suggest improvements to plant, process and operating procedures.
- Ensure prior to performing machining activities, health and safety measures are taking into consideration and that any risks involved are considered.
- Participate in team activities, utilising appropriate process, technical and engineering skills to achieve manufacturing, quality and service targets.
- Actively contributes to all team activities aimed at improving plant performance through implementation of continuous improvement, problem solving, team building and personal self-development.
- Reacts to process, engineering, quality and safety issues as they arise and utilises the knowledge, experience and skills of own and other team members to initiate corrective action.
- Operates flexibility and safely within the team carrying out activities under direction of the team leader within area of competence, capability, and training.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant time served machinist with CNC & Manual experience of at least 4 Years OR (Min Level 3 Qualification with 3 Years shop floor experience) – Essential.
- Understanding of basic G & M Codes – Essential.
- CAD Drawing interpretation, including basic machining tolerances and surface finishes – Essential.
- Machine Tool Setting – Essential.
- Knowledge of quality assurance requirements and procedures – Essential.
- Understanding of production costs, by being able to have minimal downtimes and raising concerns ahead of time – Essential.
- Basic understanding of machine mechanics – (able to identify machine issues as they arise) – Desirable.
- Heavy Engineering Experience – Desirable.
- Ability to use Micrometres, Verniers and DTIs – Essential.
- Able to Program Conventionally – Desirable.
- Ability to use Part & Tool Probing – Desirable.