Client Support Technician
DC418 – Client Support Technician
Location – London SW1
Salary – £Competitive + Bonus + Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – a leading technology provider, serving the financial services sector – to recruit a Client Support Technician to join their team in London.
The Technician will be a customer/client’s first point of contact, responding to incidents and, where appropriate, escalating to the relevant teams. The role’s primary focus will be to attend and service clients in their offices and home offices, in addition to providing remote support to accommodate modern day hybrid work patterns. This position requires a high level of professionalism while performing daily support tasks as required. Experience working directly with end users on a daily basis is desirable, along with a passion to deliver superior customer experience.
Duties and Experience:
- Provide best in class technical support to our clients, primarily onsite and additionally via phone, email and remote.
- Support and install all hardware at client sites, including but not limited to: Abacus infrastructure, workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Effectively communicate with both clients and peers ensuring timely responses to client tickets.
- Record all work activities in a timesheet in the company ticketing system (ConnectWise).
- Must be able to multi-task client issues when applicable.
- Document technical issues and take ownership of escalating issues to the appropriate resource.
- Must be amenable to occasional travel.
- Must meet the minimum standard for personal key performance indicators.
- Must contribute to the overall success of team mandated goals and key performance indicators.
- Must be flexible regarding duties and hours of work, and there will be occasional requirements to work out of hours for client onboardings and other project work.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) or in IT roles demonstrating excellent customer service and support.
- Incredible sense of pride and passion for what you do and a desire to help your teammates.
- Must be neat, organised, energetic, and show initiative.
- Support and provide expertise of the evolving Microsoft 365 suite of products, self-learning and self-training new products and services when applicable.
- Experience with advanced hardware troubleshooting and the installation of core Networking equipment.
- Ability to lift and work with heavy equipment up to 25KG (such as a UPS).
- Strong Technical Skills in the following areas: Create/Manage Active Directory accounts, groups & permissions; Duo Security and other two factor authentication applications; Microsoft Exchange Administration; Familiarity with Azure Active Directory; Troubleshoot hardware (video cards, USB & peripheral devices, and drivers, etc.); Mobile device management technologies; Understanding of Networking fundamentals; VMware vSphere administration; Install, configure & manage print queues; Troubleshoot DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP issues.
- Ability to learn new technologies and systems quickly.
- Managing or working in a multi-tenant environment (highly desirable).
- Experience working in Financial Services (highly desirable).
- Microsoft certified (highly desirable).
- Ability to work through issues methodically.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2012 and above (highly desirable).
- Basic experience with policy management (Group Policy & Intune) (highly desirable).
- Relevant professional qualifications (highly desirable).
- Great attitude, team player always willing to pitch in and take on new tasks.
- Proactive/flexible nature.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary DOE.
- Working hours of 08:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday.
- Out-of-hours on-call rotation for emergency onsite requirements.
- Workplace pension.
- Insurance plans, including medical, dental, and travel.
- 25 days holiday + public holidays.
- End-of-Year bonus scheme.
- Overtime available.