Class 1 Driver (Artic)
AL265: Class 1 Driver (Artic)
Location: Barham, Suffolk
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Class 1 Driver on behalf of one of our clients.
To drive Company vehicles in a safe and legal manner whilst keeping service levels high and ensuring daily work is completed.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military candidates however, all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all daily vehicle checks and fill out the designated Vehicle Defect sheet at the start and end of each shift.
- Ensure all CCTV cameras are working on your vehicle before commencing your daily work and where fitted, ensure inward-facing cameras face the driver.
- Report all defects including tyre issues to Fleet Office.
- Complete all allocated work within the working day.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly and submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain regular communication with the Fleet Office and report any issues/incidents immediately.
- As a customer facing representative of the Company behave in a polite and professional manner at all times.
- Fill vehicles with fuel on return to yard at end of the day or on your return journey to your depot.
- Present Tachograph card for downloading on a weekly basis.
- Report to the Fleet Office at the end of the day for de-briefing and
- advice on following day’s work.
- Ensure all loads are safely secured and that there is no risk of waste or debris falling from your vehicle trailer or container whilst it is on the public highway.
- Ensure your vehicle (and where appropriate trailer) is kept in a safe, serviceable and clean condition.
- Load and unload the vehicle adhering to Safe Working Procedures and Risk Assessments.
- Work from other depots within the group and operate other vehicles when required.
- Wear Uniform at all times and correct PPE required when collecting or delivering to customer and other operated sites.
- Grease fifth wheel plate regularly (Artics Only).
- Report all accidents and incidents immediately to your fleet office or the Compliance Team and obtain details as required.
- Staff have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions at work.
- Staff must co-operate, report unsafe conditions and comply with the company management systems and safe systems of work as well as co-workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Full LGV C+E (Class 1) licence with no more than 3 penalty points and no DR or TT points in the last five years.
- A valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC).
- Previous HGV driving experience.
- Good geographic knowledge of London and the South East.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent driving skills and road safety knowledge.
- Previous experience in the Recycling industry is desirable.