Civil Engineering Technician
AR81 – Civil Engineering Technician
Location – Manchester
First Military Recruitment are currently searching for a Civil Engineering Technician on behalf of our client. This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer, to join a well-recognised and growing organisation where you will be producing schematic/concept designs and design calculations within defined timescales.
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production of schematic/concept designs and design calculations within defined timescales
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs
- Undertaking drainage using WINDES MicroDrainage
- Directing Technicians in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawings
- Undertaking quality reviews of designs prior to issue
- Preparing Drainage Strategies
- Liaison with Statutory Bodies ( e.g. Water Authority, Environment Agency or Local Authority, Environment Agency or Local Authority)
- Analysis and design of drainage drawings using AutoCAD software
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings
- Participation in internal project team meetings
- Attendance at external design meetings with clients and other design team members
- Preparing correspondence, reports and specifications
Skills and Qualifications:
- The candidate will have a min of 5 years’ experience in a design office environment – working within a consultancy to produce design packages suitable for technical approval and construction.
- Be experienced in the use of MicroDrainage software for modelling of drainage networks incorporating SUDS features. Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD for drawing production and familiarity with relevant design standards (e.g. DMRB, Sewers for Adoption, SUDS Manual) is essential.
- HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself.
- Support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers.
- Offer a network of people and knowledge that will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects
- Competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including 20 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Company pension scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
Location – Manchester