FC65 – Childcare Teacher
Location – Spalding
Salary – £20,710 to £26,560 per annum DOE + Benefits
Hours – 35 hours per week (+5 hours paid lunch)
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client – the largest not-for-profit, independent training provider in the country- to recruit a Childcare Teacher to deliver lessons to disadvantaged learners aged 16-19 years, at their education centre in Leeds.
We are in search of an inspirational and enthusiastic Teacher who works with great enthusiasm to lead, support, and ensure learners achieve the appropriate qualifications. The role will oversee the day-to-day delivery of the level 1,2 and 3 vocational Childcare courses as well as supporting all students as a team, leading on employability delivery, CV writing, Interview skills and job applications.
As part of the pre-employment (post offer) screening procedures, a DBS check will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To hold significant knowledge of how to engage and develop student’s vocational skills, through the delivery of entry level to level 3 qualifications, while embedding functional skills and ensuring that social development and personalised learning is achieved.
- To risk assess and take the necessary actions in respect of any activities / engagement with service users including personal safety.
- Actively engage with students in decisions that affect them, through involvement activities ranging from providing information, requesting feedback, consulting, to facilitating participation by the student.
- Ensuring a planned programme is delivered to all students, monitoring learning programmes and monitoring students in work placements.
Skills and Experience:
- The successful candidate should have experience in guiding a diverse group of clients as well as the ability to identify preferred learning styles and engaging with difficult-to-reach young people.
- Level 2 English and Maths.
- Teaching qualification DET equivalent or working towards or above.
- Qualification in Childcare and relevant industry experience with the ability to deliver up to a Level 3.
- IQA/Assessor qualification Desirable.