JS271 Chief Engineer
Location: North London
Salary: £80,000 – £90,000 + Benefits
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking a Chief Engineer on behalf of one of our UHNW clients.
The Chief Engineer is expected to support and report directly the Chief Operating Officer and manage the maintenance team on a daily basis, ensuring the running of the various properties which form part of the Estate and the delivery of the highest level of service to the Principals.
This is a demanding and high-pressure role supporting the running of a private estate at the highest level.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military candidates however, all qualified applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and implement a planned preventive maintenance schedule for the estate.
- Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.) through planned testing.
- Prepare staff maintenance schedules in collaboration with the FM Supervisors.
- Lead the process of setting new SLA and appointments of the maintenance contractors and manage those when on site (including callout requests).
- Work with the complex M&E, BMS, IT & AV installations within the estate.
- Deliver solutions to ensure faultless service across the estate.
- To provide full support to the FM Team to carry out tasks ensuring the properties are maintained to the highest standard.
- To carry out ad hoc and regular inspections of the buildings.
- To manage the Facility Team at the other properties to ensure resources are available and support provided whenever required.
- Use and manage the defect reporting system to ensure all maintenance requests are responded to.
- To ensure that the maintenance processes and documentation, including built drawings and O&M documentation, are reviewed and updated.
- To develop the Facilities Maintenance team to ensure correct skill set is available as required.
- To ensure there is always adequate resources, people, time and materials available to deal with all eventualities.
- To conduct team meetings and appraisals as appropriate.
- To ensure the general cleanliness in all areas where work is being conducted.
- Manage and maintain the budget control system, process invoices / petty cash related to the FM department.
- Propose long term Capex plans (yearly, 3 yearly, 5 yearly) to ensure all technical / building assets are on a replacement program, as appropriate.
- Manage stock and spares for the FM Department.
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all systems used on the estate and ensure all records are kept in the relevant folders / systems.
- Work with the Head Gardener to ensure all water features and irrigations systems are always fully operational.
- Ensure all SPA and pool facilities are always fully operational.
- Provide any technical reports as and when requested.
- To Carry out Duty Manager shifts as required.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested.
- To ensure that all work undertaken is done so in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant approved codes of practice and the H&S at Work Regs 1974.
- To wear appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Company.
- To ensure that any accidents to staff or visitors are reported in accordance with correct procedures.
- To be fully conversant with the risk assessments for the Estate and ensure the documentations related to the FM Department are kept up to date.
- To comply with all Health & Safety regulation including fire safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors and Principals.
- Uniforms and any operational equipment will be provided.
Skills and Qualifications:
- HND, B.Tech / M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering required.
- At least 5 years previous experience in a 5* hotel or similar as Chief Engineer / Director of Engineering.
- Professional Building Engineering / Project Management Certifications.
- H&S qualifications (such as IOSH, NEBOSH, CIEH).
- Good written and spoken English skills.
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change