Chef de Partie
JM88: Chef de Partie
Needed for mid August start.
Our client is looking for a Chef de Partie to join their team to give their customers an outstanding experience and contribute to our ethos of fresh, modern, British cooking using sustainable, honest, local ingredients. The school has a varied menu which includes breakfast, lunches and suppers as well as a variety of weddings, formal dinners and residential lets throughout the year.
you need to take responsibility for all Kitchen staff and duties including proactively leading the day-to-day running of the operation, shift cover, ordering, training, etc. as outlined below:
We’re looking for people who are:
- Passionate about food and people
- Committed to providing first class service
- Dedicated to enjoying the job and working as a team
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week for 45.4 weeks per year. 5 days out of 7, during Independent school term-times, i.e. alternate weekends. Shift patterns change during school holidays depending on business demands
● To liaise with your senior chefs regularly and effectively to ensure a smoothly run, high-volume kitchen.
● To run your shift in support of the whole brigade’s efforts both when on shift and to cover future shifts.
● To actively recognise that we have junior chefs in our brigade who need your support, guidance and positive experiences to learn from.
● To ensure that all employees under your control, comply with existing employment legislation.
● To ensure all weekly time sheets are maintained with variations highlighted to your Line Manager.
● To carry out all basic in-house training. Assistance will be provided on request.
Company & Client Policies & Procedures:
● To assist the Head Chef ensure that the weekly and monthly budgeted food cost targets are met and action is taken as appropriate in the case of any deviation to budget
● To use Menu Purchase Planners (MPP’s) to monitor and control wastage and assist with costings.
● To ensure that Company policies and procedures are followed at all times
● To implement company policies and procedures, complying with standards set in the reference manuals provided and in unit operating procedures:
● To ensure the relevant HACCP checks are made and recorded and that appropriate:
- Employee Staff File
- Health & Safety Manual
- HACCP & Hygiene Manual
- Risk Assessment File
- Training File
● To ensure the relevant HACCP checks are made and recorded and that appropriate corrective action (when required) is actioned and recorded
● To advise your line manager immediately of cost, quality, hygiene or safety breaches.
● To attain the highest possible scores when audited by the local EHO or company auditor
● To comply with all Client House Rules and Regulations
● To undertake any child protection training required by the School
● To report any suspected child protection issues to your manager or the deputy
In return our client offers:
● School closure between Christmas and New Year – time not required to work
● Salary Sacrifice – Cycle to work scheme and Techscheme
● Recommend a Recruit Scheme – up to £200 for a successful appointment
● Discounts to local pubs
● Discounted cinema tickets
● Discounts to onsite leisure centre
● Free car parking
● Free staff events throughout the year
● Free meals during working hours
● Additional Leave