Calibration Team Leader (Aerospace)
AR79 – Calibration Team Leader (Aerospace)
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Calibration Team Leader on behalf of one of our clients.
Responsible for delivering good quality products to the customer on time and line with estimated/established product costs.
Our client strongly encourages applications from ex-military personnel however, all candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage and be responsible for the day to day activities of a Workshop Product Group Repair and Maintenance team and its technical staff.
- Meet the relevant business KPI targets for the Product Group.
- Work with Quality, Customer Service and Purchasing to ensure products and services meet KPI targets.
- Establish staff capacity and utilise resources effectively including management of staff holiday.
- Liaise and co-operate with other Product Team Leaders to ensure the most efficient use of personnel across the Workshop Product Groups for the business.
- Establish/maintain a quality culture within the workshop.
- Be accountable for the compliance of the relevant Workshop Product Group and its quality procedures.
- Be accountable for the repair and maintenance process, maintain control throughout the area of responsibility including maintenance of bench units and test equipment.
- Undertake equipment repair, overhaul or calibration as appropriate.
- Carry out final inspection as necessary.
- Assist with and resolve technical and non-technical problems to ensure minimal loss of production.
- Provide customer liaison with any technical issues.
- Be aware of material and labour costs, ensuring that gross margin is met for each product within the area of responsibility.
- Be aware of material shortages that may affect performance of the Workshop Product Group to deliver product and bring these to the immediate attention of the relevant person.
- Assist purchasing in managing spares re-ordering / stock holding.
- Visibly maintain status of WIP and be able to provide up to date information on product availability.
- Maintain and improve TAT (turn-around-time), quality, cost effectiveness and Product Group efficiency.
- Provide leadership to other team members to realise business objectives and targets.
- Provide written and oral feedback on performance of staff as required.
- Manage and address staff related issues as required, following the appropriate company guidelines and procedures.
- Be responsible for organising training of staff and maintaining the training records and skills matrices.
- Assisting in the recruiting and selection process as required.
- Work as part of a team, act in a professional manner and convey a positive and constructive approach.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the calibration of test equipment is essential including: signal generators, power meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analysers, avionic “ramp” test equipment such as transponder and dme test sets and navigation test sets.
- Significant IT skills.
- Excellent management/supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven track record of working in a senior supervisory/ management role within a dynamic operations environment and having dealt with staff performance issues.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring.
- Able to demonstrate a commercial aptitude.
- Experience of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques.
- Full current driving licence.
- Able to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Able to travel to other company and customer sites.
- Able to work additional hours at busy times.
- Due to nature of business security clearance will be required.