Building Manager (Maternity Leave Cover)
MM680 – Building Manager (Maternity Leave Cover)
Location – Bristol
Salary – £30,000 £33,000
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Building Manager (Maternity Leave Cover) to join their team in Bristol.
Our on-site teams are responsible for providing a range of first class onsite support to our clients and tenants. Working to create an environment fully compliant with Health, Safety & Fire and other statutory controls, promoting sustainability and good environmental practices when carrying out work. We have an opportunity for a top calibre Building Manager in Bristol to cover Maternity Leave (a six month Fixed term Contract) You will be handling a building of 124,198 sq ft and a £1,000,000 service charge. You would take over complete control of the on-site team which includes receptionist, security staff, maintenance and cleaners, as well as 3rd party contractors.
Duties will include:.
- Promotes a high level of satisfaction among occupiers and clients by promptly responding to their service requirements.
- Assures prompt response by other team members and selected contractors.
- Provides support to line manager and building occupiers as required.
- Ensures compliance with the company minimum standards, policies and procedures.
- Acknowledges role as office “ambassador”. Understands that the company image is reflected through proper telephone and reception procedures and quality service.
- Develop and implement an FM strategy including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Managing and tracking service charge expenditure and advising tenants on any required adjustments. Producing a quarterly variance report.
- Maintain the highest standard of building management and cleanliness within areas such as reception, security, cleaning, mechanical and electrical/general building maintenance, waste disposal and car park.
- Manage and review service contracts and scope to ensure site specific needs are being met and value for money is being achieved.
- Regular review of contractor performance, meet, discuss, and report on building management issues.
- Advise on and monitor energy usage in the building to drive efficiencies.
- Assists the Facilities Manager in developing a close working relationship with all contractors to ensure they fully understand the company culture and standards, ensuring a high quality service is delivered.
- Control contractors working on site and manage the Permit to Work System as per company instructions
The ideal candidate must have:
The ideal candidate will be motivated, energetic and independent and should have relevant Building Manager experience gained ideally within city properties where customer service is of paramount importance. Exceptional communication skills are essential, as is technical knowledge and a professional approach. This role is varied with plenty of opportunity to introduce new services for the tenants and to improve existing ones to allow the building to compete in the era of the “serviced office”. It would suit an organisational genius with creative flair who loves to solve problems and deliver solutions.
- Proven experience in similar environment.
- Customer Service experience.
- Commercial awareness from qualification and/or experience.
- Good working knowledge of H&S, environmental and statutory regulations.
- Good communicator with all stakeholders.
- Strong clerical and administrative skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Microsoft.
- Service Charge management and budgeting.
We will give you:
- A salary ranging from £30,000 £33,000 per annum dependent on experience.
- An opportunity to be part of a company who is committed to engaging with and developing all employees.
- The opportunity to contribute to a growing organisation, providing both personal and career development opportunities
- 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays and a birthday holiday.
- Stakeholder Pension.
- Life Cover x3 of annual salary.
- Health Cover.
- Gym Membership.
- Personal Development.