DC254 – Building Manager
Location – Bradford
Salary – £30,000 to £34,000 DOE + Excellent Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a top calibre Building Manager for a property in Bradford. The Building Manager will take over complete control of the on-site team, which includes security staff, maintenance and cleaners, as well as third-party contractors.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, energetic and independent and should have relevant BM experience gained ideally within properties where customer service is of paramount importance. Exceptional communication skills are essential, as is technical knowledge and a professional approach. This role is varied with plenty of opportunity to introduce new services for the tenants and to improve existing ones to allow the building to compete in the era of the “serviced office”. It would suit an organisational genius with creative flair who loves to solve problems and deliver solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promoting a high level of satisfaction among occupiers and clients by promptly responding to their service requirements, and ensuring a prompt response by other team members and selected contractors.
- Providing support to line manager and building occupiers as required.
- Ensuring compliance with Company minimum standards, policies and procedures.
- Acknowledging the importance of the role as an office “ambassador”.
- Understanding that the Company image is reflected through proper telephone and reception procedures and quality service.
- Developing and implementing an FM strategy, including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Managing and tracking service charge expenditure and advising tenants on any required adjustments.
- Producing a quarterly variance report.
- Maintaining the highest standard of building management and cleanliness within areas such as reception, security, cleaning, mechanical and electrical/general building maintenance, waste disposal and car park.
- Managing and reviewing service contracts and scope to ensure site specific needs are being met and value for money is being achieved.
- Regularly reviewing contractor performance, and to meet, discuss, and report on building management issues.
- Advising on and monitoring energy usage in the building to drive efficiencies.
- Assisting the Facilities Manager in developing a close working relationship with all contractors to ensure they fully understand the Company culture and standards, ensuring a high-quality service is delivered.
- Controlling contractors working on site and managing the Permit to Work System as per Company instructions.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in similar environment.
- Customer Service experience.
- Commercial awareness from qualification and/or experience.
- Good working knowledge of H&S, environmental and statutory regulations.
- Good communicator with all stakeholders.
- Strong clerical and administrative skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Microsoft.
- Service Charge management and budgeting.
In return our client offers:
- A salary ranging from £30,000 to £34,000 per annum depending on experience.
- An opportunity to be part of a company that is committed to engaging with and developing all employees.
- The opportunity to contribute to a growing organisation, providing both personal and career development opportunities.
- 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays and a birthday holiday (TBC).
- Stakeholder Pension (TBC).
- Life Cover x3 of annual salary (TBC).
- Health Cover (TBC).
- Gym Membership (TBC).