Building Information Manager (Civils)
JS243 – Building Information Manager (Civils)
Location: South London
Salary: £ 60,000 + Travel allowance
First Military Executive Recruitment are pleased to be recruiting for a Building Information Manager with extensive Civils experience for an exciting major project who are still recruiting during this challenging time.
The role of the BIM is to manage the JV’s implementation of BIM on the project, ensuring delivery against the clients Information Requirements and supporting JV’s BIM needs through the design, construction and handover stages.
Our client encourages applications from Ex-Military personnel, although all qualified candidates will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Update the JV BIM Execution Plan, and Model Production Delivery Table, to ensure the clients requirements are maintained and as JV sub-contractors are appointed.
- Supervise the delivery of BIM content by the designer and supply chain. Carry out monthly audits, using the JV template, to assess model quality and progress against the BIM Execution Plan.
- Where necessary, produce 3D model content to support JV functions including Temporary Works, Earthworks, Site Compounds, Logistics, etc.
- Update the JV Master Information Delivery Plan on a monthly basis by combining content from all work package information authors (e.g. designer and all sub-contractors).
- Using Synchro Pro, support the HMJV Planners by aligning the construction programme and 3D models to produce a 4D model with images and animations.
- Extract quantities from the 3D models to support the JV Procurements function, with tender packages, and the JV Commercial function with cost analysis (5D model).
- Support the JV Procurement function by carrying out BIM capability assessments to ensure the appointed supply chain can provide the necessary BIM support.
- Develop and manage processes to federate models and carry out monthly clash detection using Navisworks.
- Chair monthly BIM collaboration review meetings to assess current model content and assign actions.
- Promote the use of BIM to support the JV Health & Safety function (e.g. site inductions, risk assessments & method statements, hazard identification).
- Build excellent working relationships with all stakeholders, particularly the CAD and BIM leads for each organisation.
- Provide regular BIM workload updates to the JV BIM leads, outlining any activities where support is required to meet forthcoming deadlines.
- Develop a BIM training programme to ensure the JV team, supply chain and client can interrogate the 3D model content effectively.
- Ensure the BIM content is suitably prepared for digital handover at the end of the project.
- Ensure compliance with JV policies and procedures.
- Take on additional projects as required by the JV.
Skills & experience:
- Design coordination experience on infrastructure construction projects.
- Working knowledge of the processes and requirements of ISO 19650.
- Knowledge of infrastructure design processes and construction techniques.
- Project delivery using BIM applications including AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks.
- Experience of working with ProjectWise or other similar Common Data Environment.
- Experience of working with 4D software, preferably Synchro Pro.
- Identify, interpret and apply required industry/client/internal CAD/BIM standards
Location: South London
Salary: £ 60,000 + Travel Allowance