Bid Manager – Commercial
EJ538 – Bid Manager – Commercial
Location: North London
First Military Recruitment are currently searching for a Bid Manager on behalf of our client. The Bid Manager will be responsible for submitting a completed bid to customers on time and within budget. Ensuring that all the customer’s questions have been answered as fully as possible. They will require a broad range of interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, and be assertive yet tactful in motivating other members of a bid team to produce a successful submission
Applications from ex-military candidates are actively encouraged, however all candidates will be given due consideration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage complex bid requirements
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, engineering, product, finance, commercial, and programme teams
- Manage Bid Review meetings, providing status update on existing bids and presenting new bids requiring resource allocation
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer and that required margins are observed
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contribute to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Manage the bid budget
- Manage the Price Tender Vet process to obtain all necessary authorisations
- For all relevant bids, manage the Win The Contract (WTC) process
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Contribute to post contract award handover meetings
- Supporting the contract managers with commercial management during the lifecycle of the contract and programme.
- As and when required, assist the team in generating, reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a suite of contractual documents, such as, Supply and Purchase Contracts, Confidentiality Agreements, US Technical Assistance Agreements (TAAs) Teaming Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Standard Terms and Conditions, Escrow, and other Intellectual Property Right Agreements.
- Assist in the preparation and negotiation of new contracts and amendments to existing contracts and arrange for their approval.
- Support negotiations with customers to achieve the best position for the company which reflects the agreed “sign-off” position.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to ensure flowdown of appropriate supplier terms into project contracts.
- Assist in review of customer terms and conditions and advise on risks, cost drivers and propose acceptable commercial positions, to the Business Unit
- Ensure all contractual documents are submitted in accordance with company policies, and matters requiring approval are escalated in accordance corporate guidelines.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Degree Level or equivalent.
- Formal legal training/IACCM would be an advantage.
Location: North London