B1 Licensed Engineer (Jets)
DC287 – B1 Licensed Engineer (Jets)
Location – Bournemouth
Salary – £Competitive DOE + Benefits
First military recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a B1 Licensed Engineer (B1 LAE). This is a certifying Licensed Engineer position. The B1 LAE must hold a valid EASA PART 66 Aircraft Maintenance License and at least one of the type ratings that the Bournemouth site is approved to maintain, which includes:
Bombardier Challenger CL-600-2A12/-2B16 (601, 604, 605)
Bombardier Global / Global Express BD-700-1A10/-1A11
The B1 LAE must be prepared to work flexibly as part of a team, not only locally at Bournemouth, but as an integral part of the Company Engineering Group and as such must have strong communication, organisation and leadership skills.
The working week will be 40 hours on average, with occasional additional hours to meet the needs of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out scheduled Base and Line maintenance activities at the Bournemouth Base and provide certification of own work alongside supervision and certification of unlicensed engineers’ work.
- Carry out aircraft maintenance as an unlicensed engineer when required for aircraft types not held on approval.
- Ensure the completion to schedule of customer order requirements when acting as supervising, certifying or category C engineer for a given input.
- AOG activities at and away from the Bournemouth Base.
- Travel to, and work at, other Company bases for short periods of time as required.
- Compliance with Company Maintenance Organisation Exposition and published processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety procedures, processes and COSHH are always observed.
- Ensuring that day-to-day housekeeping, and that of engineers being supervised, is kept to a high standard.
- Comply with all procedures listed in the current Staff Company Handbook.
- If required, assist the Commercial Department in generating estimates for Line or Base Maintenance Services and, when required, giving advice on man hours / parts / services and any likely additional costs.
- Any other duties commensurate with the position.
Skills and Experience:
- EASA B1 and Cat. C License with applicable type ratings; training on additional type ratings can be provided [essential].
- Be eligible to hold a UK security clearance [essential].
- Be happy to travel to other locations, including overseas, occasionally at short notice [essential].
- Be computer literate [essential]
- A current valid passport is required [essential].
- A full driving licence [preferred].
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary DOE.
- Private Healthcare.
- Smart Pension.
- Life Assurance.
- Income Protection.
- Travel Insurance.