Aviation Engineering Manager
EJ587 – Aviation Engineering Manager
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a Aviation Engineer Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
The role is required to lead and coordinate all necessary activity to ensure the delivery of all professional contractual and engineering matters.
Our client encourages applications from ex-military candidates however, all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the management of the organisation, ensuring effective governance control, to enable sustained ability to meet contractual obligations.
- Accountable for all Form 4 holder duties, holding Level J authority and responsible for all professional engineering matters and acting as the single point of contact for engineering advice for the scope of their, responsibility including delegated Preservation of Airworthiness.
- The establishment and operation of an organisational structure, in terms of personnel, procedures and geographical layout that provides a sound framework for safe efficient and effective engineering activity.
- The management, care, custody and security of all personnel and equipment assets within their charge.
- The professional management of engineering resources under their control.
- Ensuring that the required engineering standards and authorised practices are employed.
- Ensuring that an integrated Quality Management System and Quality culture exist.
- Identifies and implements strategic service improvements across the Contract.
- Manages and develops the customer base providing our customers with innovative solutions and capability options to support their transformation plans and business goals.
- Identifies organic business growth and works closely with the Contract Manager to identify and deliver new growth on the Contract.
- Provides inspirational leadership, to ensure:
- Employees understand and adopt business strategy and plans so that they are successfully delivered.
- Employees are given support to grow and develop to their potential and are managed in a way that maximises their engagement.
- Any reasonable additional tasks that are required to support contract requirements.
- Deputises for the Contract Director in his/her absence, liaising with external agencies, facilitating and attending meetings as and when required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experienced Aircraft Engineer capable of holding Form 4 and delegated Level J authority.
- Engineering Degree or Higher National Certificate/Diploma.
- Be a registered member of an appropriate institution and hold Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status.
- Has a minimum of 10-years’ experience in either a Civil or Military aviation environment.
- Knowledge of MAA, CAA & EASA Part 145 Regulations/Approvals.
- Understanding of all Civil and Military Airworthiness Safety Regulations
- Proven leadership and management skills, able to enthuse, inspire and engage.
- Creative thinking, able to develop business improvement ideas and innovate.
- An excellent communicator, with well-developed presentation skills and a first class influencer.
- Capable of thinking and working both strategically and operationally.
- Capable of developing partnerships and professional relationships with customer, sub-contractors and key stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety in the workplace.
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000