Associate Director – Surveying
DC240 – Associate Director – Surveying
Location – London
Salary – £Competitive + Excellent Benefits
First Military Recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit an Associate Director to work in their property management Retail team, based in either our London Office or our Manchester Office.
The successful applicant will have experience in retail property management and a penchant for delivering a first class service to our clients.
Essential duties will include:
- To manage and take ‘full ownership’ of a given number of retail properties including shopping centres.
- To carry out property inspections and take note of building defects, tenant alterations, occupiers and what is happening in the local area.
- To draft and present management reports to the Company’s client in face to face meetings.
- Management of rental and other income on property portfolios.
- A sound knowledge and understanding of Landlord and Tenant law to support and assist the Company’s clients in connection with value enhancement opportunities including rent review, letting and lease renewal programmes, and progress tenant applications for consent to assign, sublet and alter.
- Reporting to and working with Company clients on tenure and physical improvements to properties.
- Ensuring tenants’ compliance with lease obligations in relation to use and maintenance obligations.
- Assisting Company clients in the acquisition and disposal of properties.
- Monitor Riskwise to ensure the properties are compliant with Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure service charge budgets and reconciliations are delivered in line with Company guidelines and the Company clients’ KPIs.
- To work with facilities managers, centre managers, Company client accountants, purchase ledger and treasury and other central functions.
- To ensure Company property management systems are kept up to date at all times.
The ideal candidate must have:
- An understanding of the Property Market.
- An understanding of the rationale behind retail asset management opportunities and showing a readiness to engage in negotiations.
- Be organised/have a methodical approach to their work.
- Be presentable and client facing.
- Possess an ability and desire to exceed client’s expectations with excellent client service skills.
- Experience supervising, directing and managing site based staff.
- Desire to meet deadlines with attention to detail.
- An ability to hit deadlines, targets and KPI’s on the buildings that you manage.
- MRICS is essential.
- An understanding of TRAMPS is desirable.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary dependent on experience.
- An opportunity to be part of a company who is committed to engaging with and developing all employees.
- The opportunity to contribute to a growing organisation, providing both personal and career development opportunities.
- 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays and a birthday holiday (TBC).
- Stakeholder Pension (TBC).
- Life Cover x3 of annual salary (TBC).
- Health Cover (TBC).
- Gym Membership (TBC).
- Personal Development.