Assistant Workshop Manager
AL246: Assistant Workshop Manager
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking an Assistant Workshop Manager on behalf of one of our clients.
To assist the Workshop Manager in all aspects of work allocation, providing guidance and support to the Workshop team on shift, ensuring that all work has been completed and documented to the highest standard.
Our client actively encourages ex-military personnel however, all applications will be considered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Workshop team on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that all work has been allocated and completed to the highest standard within the required timescales.
- Monitor the productivity of the Workshop team and ensure the consistency of all work carried out.
- Assist in the organisation of the maintenance and improvement of all Company vehicles, ensuring that all repairs are carried out in a proper and professional manner.
- Liaise with the Workshop Manager/Fleet teams to ensure that the needs of our customers are met at all times and the vehicles can be utilised on profitable work for the Company.
- Carry out and/or supervise repairs, maintenance, servicing and MOT presentations as required.
- Assist with staffing levels and help to ensure that the Workshop team adhere to policies and procedures, including absence and performance monitoring.
- Ensure that the Driver’s defect notices/worksheets/job cards/timecards are dealt with efficiently.
- Project manage the installation of an electronic ‘Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)’ programme.
- Monitor job cards to ensure that they are accurately completed and that all stock used is booked out correctly.
- Monitor stock control and assist in keeping the stores tidy, well organised and efficient.
- Maintain a constant Workshop floor presence, carrying out HGV Fitters tasks as and when required.
- Manage the Workshop team to ensure that all team members achieve their own objectives and job description duties and assist them to achieve their own personal development plans.
- Comply with all Health, Safety, HR and Environmental policies and procedures.
- All staff have a duty to take care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their actions at work.
- All staff must co-operate, report unsafe conditions and comply with the company management systems and safe systems of work as well as co- workers to help everyone meet their legal requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- HGV Class 2 Driving Licence/CPC.
- NVQ Level 2 in Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- Experience in the Waste Industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience working in a Workshop environment.
- Previous experience working in a similar role with HGVs.
- Good attention to detail Strong organisational skills.
- A positive and respectful attitude to others.
- Good Communication Computer literacy.
- Time and Priority Management.
- Problem Solving.
- Manual Handling.
- Safety Awareness.
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent