Assistant Care Manager
MM525 – Assistant Care Manager
Location – Derby
Salary – Competitve
Summary of Position:
The purpose of this role is to support an active Care Quality Commission (CQC) Registered Manager with the day to day running of the branch. Efficiently support and manage the Senior Care Co-ordinators within the team and maintain all aspects of the staff team, providing sound leadership.
Purpose of the Role:
To provide high quality home care services that support the rights of customers to live the lives they choose as far as they are able. The Assistant Manager is directly accountable to the Care Manager/Registered Care Manager and will provide support towards the regulatory body CQC for domicilary care.
- Assist the Care Manager/Registered Care Manager with the day to day co-ordination of the branch team’s operations
- Take an active role in the establishment and maintenance of appropriate and effective systems
- Develop awareness and knowledge of up-to-date operational issues and methods and to increase, modify and execute the team’s operational programmes and practices
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s operational policies and procedures at all times
- Provide assistance to the Care Manager/Registered Care Manager in effectively liaising with other departments within the company
- Undertake investigations and enquiries as and when requested by the Care Manager/Registered Care Manager into any aspect of the team’s activities
- Undertake on-call duties if and when necessary including redeploying members of the team to provide direct emergency hands on care and offering emergency telephone assistance to Senior Care Co-ordinators
- Support the maintenance of high standards and ensure effective oversight of the quality and standards of the teams and maintain a minimum of ‘good’ rating with CQC.
- Ensure all contractual requirements are fully met.
- Investigate all adverse events such as safeguarding referrals, complaints and concerns, as requested by the Care Manager/Registered Care Manager.
- Provide support in achieving the annual quality review and report is generated for the branch
Duties and Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage the safety and quality of the business
- Lead and Manage staff
- Promote the business
- Provide a good service to customers
- Quality – ensure that appropriate standards are adhered to, especially in relation to care and clinical programmes for the service users in accordance with company policies
- Support recruitment, retention and training activities
- Provide emergency hands-on care when required
- This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties. We will provide full training in line with regulatory requirements.
Qualifications and Training:
- NVQ 4 or equivalent experience in Health and Social Care and or in Leadership and Management
- 2 year’s relevant previous experience in the private or public sector, and adherence to CQC requirements
- Previous experience in a position involving the recruitment and supervision of staff
- Experience of using IT systems and applications.
- Ability to effectively support a team of staff
- Experience of investigations
- Good customer care skills and a personable manner
- At ease with managing staff with a warm, approachable and friendly manner
- Able to effectively supervise and delegate to staff
- Caring and compassionate towards people in need of care and support
- Respect for people suffering from a range of medical conditions with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own
- Strong commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
- Commitment to respecting the rights of customers at all times and to promoting their privacy, dignity and independence throughout their lives
- Excellent time keeper and reliable
- Professional, smart appearance
- Proven understanding of the needs of people who require care and support at home and the provision of home care services in line with best practice
- Proven understanding of the principles of high quality, person centered care and support and non-discriminatory care practice
- Understanding of the regulatory responsibilities of a Registered Manager and