JS337 Area Manager
Location: South of England
Salary: £Competitive + car + Benefits
First Military Executive Recruitment are currently seeking an Area Manager for one of our environmental clients. The Area Manager must have experience of working in a regulated industry ideally with public sector experience.
The role will be to develop, manage and control the region’s operations to achieve agreed revenue and profit targets, through efficient operating practices and excellent customer service.
The Area Manager is responsible for; the health and safety of all staff, contractors to site and visitors to site, the minimisation of impact to the environment whilst operating the site, delivering customer expectations in terms of service and product quality, and operating the site in an efficient and effective manner in line with the annual budget.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Oversee and monitor all operational working practices to ensure conformance with legislation and generally higher Company standards of quality, safety, and environmental policies.
- Monitor and control operations in the region to ensure the achievement of budgeted revenue, operating profit and cash targets.
- Monitor and control the operation of any PFI projects within the region through the SPV’s including liaison with the client and ensuring compliance with the contracts, banking arrangements and any other agreements or commitments agreed in the terms of the SPV.
- Explore and develop opportunities to optimise the sites/contracts to greatest commercial benefit; through additional consents, improvements to systems and working practices and reconfiguration of plant and equipment in consultation with Group technical support functions.
- Develop, agree and implement management cost plans for all facilities in the region, focusing on continual improvement within the overall regional and national strategy.
- Assist the technical team in the development and implementation of new techniques for waste management in order to increase the range of acceptable waste, and to handle current waste in a more efficient and effective manner.
- Provide leadership and direction to Contract and Site Managers through mentoring and coaching.
- Liaise with the Materials and Trade Sales team to support the achievement of business sales targets.
- To optimise the quality of the recyclates produced.
- Ensure that each operational site in the region has adequate resources in terms of plant, equipment, premises and personnel, and that resource utilisation is maximised.
- Develop and maintain good industrial relations, including sound relationships with recognised unions, within the framework of corporate policies.
- Build and reinforce relationships with existing customers, regulatory authorities and others to ensure that the company’s image, reputation and achievements are represented to maximum effect.
- Establish close links with the communities in which the facilities operate in order to promote and enhance the image of the company.
- Ensure through training and motivation that the standards of staff knowledge and performance are enhanced to the benefit of the employees and the company.
- Comply with and assist in the implementation of HR policies and the development of training plans.
- Liaison with Environment Manager to ensure compliance is maintained at our facilities.
- Develop and share best practice within the region and the wider business.
- Degree educated with a proven track record in a senior management role.
- Considerable previous involvement in business improvement and service enhancement initiatives.
- Background in a manufacturing/processing industry, utility or customer service industry in which compliance with regulatory controls is an important factor but not essential.
- Career should include at least five years in an organisation with a professional and disciplined approach to business management, as evidenced by its business plans, performance expectations, service standards and people development.
- Senior operations or general manager with a proven track record in achieving demanding targets for revenue, cost control, operating profit improvement and service quality in a competitive market.
- Familiar with the design and operation of programmes which ensure compliance with company and externally defined standards, such as quality, health safety and environmental