2nd Line Support Engineer
AR52 – 2nd Line Support Engineer
First Military Recruitment are currently seeking a 2nd Line Team Lead Support Engineer on behalf of one of our clients.
You will have responsibility for the day to day delivery of IT support and technical services to the company customer base. Build and retain relationships with existing customers, whilst maintaining the skills and technical competence to meet the requirements of customers and the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone and electronically and resolve.
- Diagnose hardware and software issues in a timely, concise and informative manner.
- Hardware fault analysis and repair when required.
- Attend customer sites and provide IT support as directed by the customer.
- Travel between various company office locations as required.
- Proactively advise clients on potential improvements to their infrastructure.
- Where required go through client change process in order to perform tasks.
- Completion of project documentation, PID, test report.
- Accurate, informative, reporting & communication with other departments.
- Completion of service tickets in a timely, concise and informative manner.
- Follow/Maintain ITIL Process as required.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Liaise with customer services to track job progress and completion.
- Take ownership of customer problems.
- Document Service Desk Processes, Triage/UAT Scripts and as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Security Clearance
- At least two years’ experience in a 1st line helpdesk and above or a similar role.
- Experience supporting Windows Server 2012 R2 and up.
- Experience in supporting Azure, Office 365 and other cloud-based solutions.
- Experience supporting virtualization software such as VMware.
- Experience dealing with networking devices such as firewalls and switches.
- Experience with PBX systems such as 3cx.
- Experience in Backup solutions, such as Veeam.
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework, ideally with an ITIL Foundation certificate.
- Full driving licence and the ability to be able to work on customer sites as appropriate with minimal supervision.
- Experience in Citrix, VMware Cloud, Microsoft Intune and SharePoint would be advantageous.
- Experience supporting Dell Hardware is desirable.
- Industry Standard qualifications would be an advantage.